Bruschetta

 I often turn to Italian food when I just need something simple and fresh to eat during the summer.  Chinese food will always be #1 in my heart, but I can't refuse the bright flavors of tomato, basil and olive oil.  Bruschetta is something I've always liked to eat as an appetizer or even a light lunch. It combines some of my favorite things (namely bread and the above ingredients, and of course garlic).

How I make it:
I cut a french baguette into slices and toast them lightly.  Then I take raw garlic (it's punchy, I know) and rub it on the surface of the bread.  I spread a little marscarpone on each slice, and also put a little proscuitto if I have it.

For the topping, I chop up some roma tomatoes, pluck off and chiffonade some basil from my plant, add salt and pepper and mix in a bowl. Then I spoon the mix on top of the bread, drizzle with some olive oil, and quickly devour.
What are your favorite summer snacks?
-Isabelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Websites

Instagram: Melinda || Isabelle
Tumblr: Isabelle || Melinda

About

Click the widget to follow us so we can read all of your lovely blogs!

Follow on Bloglovin